Termite Removal to Us
How Will I know if It’s Termites?
The first sign of termites is seeing small flying insects – known as Termite Swarmers – the fly flying near windows and leave their discarded wings behind. This usually occurs in the springtime.
Nonetheless, termites are active year round, and even though termite swarmers look like flying ants, correct identification is vital as past of a professional and customized extermination.
Termites are secretive pests and can be hard to find, they can live in hollow doors and walls for many years without detection.
That being said, more obvious signs are seen by the damage they cause
- Floor damage – Termites can damage wood flooring and even laminate flooring. Floors may blister and sag in certain areas, so checking underneath the flooring for termite activity is needed. If your floor feels more spongy and perhaps springs more than usual it may be termites.
- Wall damage – Look for cracks on internal walls. As termites consume cellulose found in timber within walls cracks will occur.
- Ceiling damage – Wooden ceilings, beams, rafters in attics, frames around doors and windows, Look for cracks on any wood you can see.
- Foundation damage – The type of foundation has a big impact on how easy it is for termites to gain entry. Although most foundations are made of concrete – and termites don’t eat concrete – they’re able to squeeze through cracks within concrete and gain access to floor beams, which are still made out of wood. Homes with crawl spaces are at greater risk of damage since their foundations are traditionally made of wood.
- Sticking windows/doors – Windows and doors may become difficult to open, as termite tunneling and eating may cause door and window frames to become irregular.
- Garden damage – Wooden fence posts & decks in your garden are at risk of termites, and the damage can lead to a collapse. Termite-treated metal or wood posts can help to avoid this problem. Termites may also eat trees, leading to branches falling off.
- Damaged Roof Tiles – Loose, broken or damp roof tiles can attract termites, then they eventaully make their way into your home. Make it a habit to replace any damaged or water-logged roof tiles
- Weakened / hollow-sounding wood – Termites typically feed underneath the surface of wood objects, so they are basically invisible. As they eat through the wood they create hollow holes underneath the surface, and when you knock or tap it these surfaces they will sound hollow.
- Frass – AKA termite droppings. Droppings are an obvious indicator of termites, as frass is the by-product of their eating.
- Mud tubes on exterior walls – These act as termite protection, they are commonly found near the foundations of your home. Usually, subterranean termite species build mud tubes, this provides moisture for them. They are made of termite droppings & soil. Look for mud tubes on exterior or basement walls. They are simple to see with the naked eye.
If you believe it’s termites the first step is to have an inspection.
With a full inspection, we will inspect the interior, attic areas, sub-areas, and the exterior.
During our full inspection, we will search subterranean termites and dry wood termites, dry rot, and other conditions that could lead to future problems.
We will provide you with detailed reporting of all findings, also we include diagrams of the house and the note the problem areas with our recommendations.
With a limited inspection, we perform the inspection only to the areas of the infestation Depending on the location and the degree of the infestation, we may be able to apply just a local treatment.
Escrow Termite Inspections Ventura CA
We do offer full termite inspections for escrow, our reporting on these inspections meet the requirements for loans or second mortgages.
Our Termite Treatments
After we identify the type of termite infestation, we will recommend the most effective solution for that type of termite.
Some of the methods that might be recommended are oil treatments, heat treatments, foam treatments, liquid termiticides, or fumigation. Again it all depends on the location, the type of termite and the extent of the infestation. Also, in the case of Wood destroying organisms such as termites, fungus or dry rot, we will also patch, repair or replace damaged wood members to return your home to its proper structural integrity.
We highly recommend calling us to speak further about the solution and scheduling your inspection, call 805-642-7433 to get help now.
Our Promise to You
We are licensed, bonded and insured, we can legally, safely and effectively assess your property to identify pests, infections or infestations of any type.
Once the problem is determined, we recommend the most cost-efficient & effective treatment solution. Our technicians always use the necessary tools, techniques, and products to completely remove the infestation. Our goal is to have every client completely satisfied with their service.